Wednesday, September 7, 2016

It's All About Routine


Happy Wednesday Friends! We thought it would be fun to share some of our favorite health and beauty products and routines with you and see if they are similar to yours. When it comes to health and beauty, let’s face it, these things keep changing with age. Here’s a glimpse at Kendra’s products and Misty’s routine. Share in the comments below what products and routines you can’t live without. 


Since a very young age, my mom has preached to me and my sisters the importance of taking care of your skin.  She has made it a habit for YEARS.  Every morning, she sets up her mirror, wipes down her face, moisturizes and applies her make up.  It doesn’t matter if she’s going out for the day, staying at home, working in the yard, etc. my momma has always got her “face on”.  Every night she removes her makeup, exfoliates, applies her night time moisturizers, eye creams, etc.  My close friends will still ask me to this day if my mom still does her daily and nightly ritual that they remember from staying at my house when we were kids.  Kudos to my mom for this habit though.  At 74 she looks beautiful and fresh. 
I am way more relaxed when it comes to my skin and it shows.  I love the sun and it has loved me back the past couple of summers, enough to leave little brown spots all over my face.  My skin is a bit duller, red in some spots and can’t make up its mind to one day be dry and the next oily.  Fortunately, it has been kind the older I’ve gotten and is free of pimples except for the rare occurrence of one or two. 
Makeup is a chore, but I have recently noticed I can’t quite get away with just a little powder and lip gloss anymore. Below is a list of my daily skin routine and products I use:


Cold weather is around the corner and these are my go to products to help with the dry skin! Love my L'oreal Moisturizer!
My everyday face routine includes Olay brightening face cleanser and moisturizer and spot fading treatment
I use lots of different brands for makeup.  If it works, I stick with it!
My primer to keep my foundation in place!
When it comes to health and beauty products, my must-haves vary with each decade. (Man, I sound old!) In my teens, it was all about appearances. I wasn’t a product snob yet but I definitely bought everything hair and make-up. Once I hit my twenties I sort of knew what was a must verses what was optional. I slowed down a bit on the hair care products and focused more on skin and make-up. But now I’m in my (late) thirties and have changed it up all over again.



My top five products that I cannot live without are surprisingly cheap and several are very health minded.
  1. GUM brand dental brushes- I love them and they are gentle on my gums and teeth as I get rid of any junk that gets in my teeth from eating. I use these several times a day and I prefer them over flossing. ($3.99)
  2. Sunscreen- I am not a huge sunscreen snob but I prefer to use Aveeno (baby) because it’s gentle on my skin and doesn’t leave a disgusting residue ($8.59)
  3. Ulta brand eye concealer- I use this as a primer for the top of my eyelids and as a dark circle concealer under my eyes. I love this stuff and feel like it really helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes ($9.00)
  4. Bath and Body Works- ALL of their products are my must-haves but I always have a bottle of body spray and ultra shea body cream at all times. Scents vary. ($14.00 and under)
  5. Wet-n-Wild megaslicks Balm Stain- I ONLY buy #126 Rico Mauve and I have been wearing it for years. It’s cheap, it stays on all day, and I LOVE the color. ($3.99) 


No comments:

Post a Comment