Friday, September 2, 2016

My Interest in PINTEREST



I am a bit obsessed with Pinterest.  If you haven’t yet joined the Pinterest world or have no idea what it is, I will share a bit about it with you.  Pinterest is a social network site where a user (you and I) can create several boards and “pin” memes, workouts, recipes, DIY projects, etc. to save for reference or share with other users and people that follow your page.  My mom uses Pinterest to find new skin regimens (skin is a gift) and my sister Bella is crazy about pinning the newest workouts.   My sissy Gina has used the site here and there.  She is Little Miss Crafty Foo Foo.  She makes these beautiful wedding gifts for couples (show off).  She’s made Christmas decor (brag much) and puts together flower arrangements (BLAH BLAH BLAH!) Of course I am teasing her; I am super jealous of her talent!  I have never been artsy or crafty.  About the only thing I can draw is a smiley face, a poor attempt at a prom dress my cousin used to draw and a version of a puppy, that my friend taught me my sophomore year of high school.  



Last fall, I decided I was going to try my hand at making a DIY yarn wreath I saw on Pinterest. I love the giant and elaborate tulle wreaths and the traditional floral wreaths but I knew those were way too advanced for a novice like me. It’s best to start off slow and simple.  Wrapping yarn around a round wooden wreath didn’t seem so difficult. I even made felt flowers for it, although the glue gun is where it got tricky.  That hot glue hurts like a #!*@ when it sticks to your skin! Here is a picture of it….not too shabby for my first attempt of being Pinterest crafty.  
 
At least I tried!

I have tried my hand at some recipes too.  They have mostly been crock-pot recipes.  The before pictures on Pinterest make the assembly look so easy.  All the ingredients are spread in the crock-pot so neat and precise.  Seriously, I just throw everything in there because it’s all going to be one congealed mess when it’s done. The after pictures always look so delectable, enticing, you know…edible. As long as it doesn’t completely adhere to the bottom of the crock-pot in this household, then it gets eaten. :)

Pinterest Ribs
Mine started out as ribs and ended up pulled pork! But still delicious!
 
This brings me to my all-time favorite thing about Pinterest.  The Pinterest FAILS!  Where normal, un-crafty people like me, give a project a try and fail horribly, but share their attempt on social media.  Some of these pics are so funny and kudos to the ones that try, fail but can laugh about it!  




Ok, I like to joke about stuff, but seriously, Pinterest has been a pretty neat tool for coming up with ideas from parties and gifts to color schemes to use in my home.   Men, it’s not just for us ladies, either! There are lots of manly things on Pinterest to check out!  It can be a bit overwhelming at first, but once you figure out how to use the boards and pins, it can become a great resource!  Just beware…it can become a bit of an addiction, so use it wisely! :)


HAPPY FRIDAY and HAPPY PINNING!!!  -M-

3 comments:

  1. I am trying to step into this with caution. I know if I start doing Pinterest, there's no stopping me! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, thanks for the kudos sissy but I think I got lucky with the projects I have done. Pintrest is a fun way to spend time and I wish I could do more stuff but I usually just think it will be too much work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog my love! Yes it's very addicting and it doesn't have a clock at the top so very easy to lose track of time while you're on there! And yes, lots of manly stuff like: knives, swords, Lego projects, cat pictures, art, etc...

    ReplyDelete