Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Happy Fall Y'all

We all have favorite seasons we look forward to each year and mine has always been fall. Just like Anne of Green Gables, “I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” There is just something about the air changing from hot and humid to crisp and chill. The sky changes a darker shade with each evening and the leaves begin to change color and fall.



While people long for hot spiced drinks and flavorful pastries to get them into the fall mood, I am all about the décor that I add to my home. Homemade signs, smelly candles, and the variety of pumpkins are strategically placed all over my house. My favorite piece came from Hobby Lobby and I placed it on my wall as soon as I got home with it. (Yes, that was mid August!)




The best part about fall though, is sitting on my front porch with a mug of hot cocoa and a good book while my kiddo plays in the leaves and searches for the last of the summer bugs before they hide away for a few months. I love feeling the wind against my face as I snuggle deeper into my sweatshirt and the blanket that I’ve wrapped around my legs. 

While I enjoy the fun of summer, when the oppressive humidity kicks in August, I am ready for the change of the season.  It’s not officially fall without family, football, sweatshirts, bonfires, apple picking and consuming massive amounts of my dad’s homemade chili. 


Dave and I are all about road trips and festivals in the fall.  I love getting in the car with Dave and taking a drive to see the leaves change color.  One of our favorite drives is to the annual Spoon River Festival.  This has become quite the event and it’s not out of the ordinary to wait in long lines of traffic to get to your destination; but it’s a great way to spend a weekend, whether finding a treasure at an antique shop or getting some fun decor for your home.  If this is something that interests you, I recommend stopping at Bernadotte and London Mills.  If festivals aren’t your thing, another great day trip is to head south for the day to Grafton, IL.  Take a drive on the Great River Road to one of the many wineries and don’t forget to stop at Pere Marquette State Park to take in some of the most beautiful fall scenery!


What are your favorite fall traditions? Or better yet, what's your favorite season?

****We are excited to announce the winner of our "A Different Beautiful Book Giveaway"- Kelli Wilcockson!!! Kelli, we will contact you this week! Thank you to everyone who participated and we can't wait to do another giveaway soon! 


2 comments:

  1. Kendra, your house is always super cozy! Year round! And Misty, festivals are definitely one of my most favorite parts of fall. ☺️💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Brit! Sounds like you are a fall girl, too!!! ��������������

    ReplyDelete