Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Date Night!!!!


Let’s face it; after marriage, date nights can become obsolete. But they don’t have to be. I can remember the first time my Mother suggested Pax stay all night so Donnie and I could have a date night out. (I think we might have grabbed a quick meal and then went home to sleep without interruption!)

We still enjoy an evening out, kid free, but we also really enjoy our nights at home. Our recent date nights include a kid friendly movie first, some take out from one of our favorite places to eat (like Nancy’s deep dish pizza or Hunan’s Chinese food and sushi), and then a movie for just Donnie and me when Pax goes to sleep. I’ve been into a lot of drama and suspense movies lately. Our last date night at home included Nancy’s pizza and the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix. (Exciting right?)

We are huge movie fans but that is only one of the things we do for date night. Sometimes we will get ice cream from Baskin Robbins and play retro video games or just talk about our week. Having a face to face conversation is sort of a lost art these days.

Yep, I make him do selfies with me on date night! 



Date nights really are about keeping the spark alive and making time for the other person. When you focus on these things, it doesn’t really matter what you do as long as you are doing it together.







I am sure our family and friends that have children think our life is a constant date night since we have no children, but of course that’s not the case.  We lead a pretty busy weekly schedule with work and social calendar.  Dave and I always enjoy our time together and even though we love our home, we enjoy getting out and about.  Dinner and a movie is always an option to but sometimes it’s nice to switch it up a bit.  Fortunately for me, I have a husband that’s just as spontaneous (or indecisive) as me. 
 
One of our favorite date activities is a quick road trip to St. Louis.  We could find something to do in our hometown, but STL offers a lot more choices for a fun date night.   We love Forest Park and will visit the Art Museum or the zoo.  We may do a little shopping at Ikea, Trader Joe's or The Container Store (who doesn’t love containers!!).  We may head down to the landing and hang out by the arch, or grab a bite to eat at one of the gazillion restaurants.  

The best part about our little adventure is the hour long car ride that gives us time to catch up and talk about anything and everything.  After almost twenty years of marriage, I’m glad we still have things to talk about! LOL! 




READER SURVEY:
Date night out?
Date night in?
Dating is overrated?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment