Friday, July 8, 2016

Happy Birthday To You!!!




I LOVE everything about birthdays…the cake, the gifts, the parties and decorations.  It’s that one day of the year where everything is about you!!! One of my favorite childhood birthdays was a party at McDonald’s.  Showbiz (which is now Chuck E Cheese) was way too expensive at the time, so my parents decided I could have a party at Micky D’s, complete with happy meals and cake.  I got to invite all my classmates.  I remember my favorite gift was from my friend Brock.  It was the teeniest tiny baby doll that came with a homemade crib made from a Quaker Oats Container, and had a homemade pillow and pink blanket for the baby.  I still have that doll and pink blankie in my keepsake box! 


Another favorite memory is  ice cream cone cupcakes my mommy used to make for us on our birthday.  These are still a favorite for me and my siblings.  My brother made them for my sister in law’s last birthday party!  



I think my favorite thing about birthdays though, is when you are blessed to have family and friends shower you with an overabundance of love and kindness.  Don’t get me wrong, gifts are great (and always appreciated, lol!) but being with the ones that love you is the best way to spend a birthday. I’ve been fortunate to have 39 birthdays just like that!!!   



Today my BFF’s little man, Paxton Lee, is celebrating his 7th birthday!!!  He is honestly one of the coolest little dudes, and has such a sweet and kind heart for a kid his age.  I am honored to be one of his “honorary aunties”!  My wish for you Pax (besides some really cool presents) is that you always remember the people that love you and want the very best for you today and every birthday from here on out!!!  


2 comments:

  1. Great read sissy! I also love my birthday, or birthday weekend as I like to celebrate as long as possible. You are right about how it's the family and friends that make it so special. I love your posts, they are fun to read your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post, Misty and thank you for the shout out to Paxton. Your are the sweetest "honorary auntie"!

    ReplyDelete